When you think about making a change in your life, health, work, or relationships, you often think it begins with a physical effort. But the truth is, in order to make real, lasting change you need start with renewing your mind. If you trade in your old ways of thinking for new ways of thinking, that’s when the transformation begins.
We all have incorrect or negative ways of thinking, old attitudes and beliefs, incorrect thought patterns and old images of ourselves we’ve carried around for a long time. This stinkin’ thinkin’ just stops us in our tracks and keeps us stuck. When we shift the way we think and replace the old ways of thinking with new ways of thinking, the transformation –- the change, can begin.
Here are a few questions to help you process this:
- What are some of the old, incorrect attitudes, beliefs, thoughts, and images that you carry around about yourself?
- What power do they have over you?
- What is truth? How can you shift your thinking toward truth?
Finally, there’s a saying that says, “What you focus on is what you move toward.” Spend some time writing down those things that are important to you.
- What are the things that you want to change or create in your life?
- What are the things you want to change in your health and wellness?
Write those things down and as you begin to shift your negative attitudes, thoughts, beliefs and images to more truthful, positive thought patterns, you will begin to move toward those things that are most important to you.